Friday, April 9, 2010

ACAD 2010 New Features

At my company we are starting to transition to AutoCAD 2010. I'm one of the employees taking it for a test run before we deploy it to everyone. I haven't seen a lot of information out there for what the pro's and con's are for 2010 so he's my two cents (briefly..details later)

What I like:
- there are LOTS of automatic thumbnail previews (file open, attaching xrefs)
- the new "quick view" feature
- hatch editing with grips
- you can finally insert pdf's!

What I don't like:
- the new ribbon interface seems to take longer than just toolbars; maybe it just takes some getting used to
- I'm not adjusted to the layer manager as a palette yet, so far I don't like it
- I'm having system memory errors a few times daily and I can't pinpoint why

More detail and screencaps later...

No comments:

Post a Comment